What is a Female Condom?
A Female condom is a pouch that you simply put inside the vagina to scale back the risk of being pregnant. There are several brands of feminine condoms including Femidom, FC2, Reality and Protectiv.
Most feminine condoms include polyurethane, artificial nitrile, or latex. They are composed of big and small rings located at open and closed ends of the condom. The small ring, on the closed end, is inserted into the vagina. The larger ring, at the open finish, remains out of doors of the vagina all over intercourse.
How does it Prevent Pregnancy?
Female condoms shape a barrier covering the inside of the vagina. When used correctly, sperm and pre-ejaculate are caught via the condom and never make direct touch with the vagina. This prevents sperm from fertalizing the egg, therefore eliminating the possibility of becoming pregnant.
What are the Benefits?
The benefits of a female condom are as follows:
• Easy to use
• No detrimental unwanted side effects
• No impact on hormones
• Protects against STD’s
• No docs appointment required
• No prescription required
• Unlike male condoms, it stays in place if the person loses his erection
• Can’t fail to remember to make use of it (like the pill)
• Don’t need assist using it (just like the shot)
• Don’t have to fret about external components (just like the withdrawal means)
• An alternative for those with latex allergies
What are the Disadvantages?
For some, it could possibly purpose irritation to the genitals of the man or the lady. It would possibly require further lubricant to make use of comfortably.
It may additionally cut back the sentiments and sensations you enjoy during sex.
In addition, there is a small chance that it will probably slip out of position or into the vagina all over sex. You must ensure that it has been properly inserted prior to intercourse.
How Effective are they?
When used by myself, female condoms don’t seem to be the most effective start control choice.
Among women who all the time use it correctly, five out of 100 will turn out to be pregnant.
Among women who would possibly not at all times use it appropriately, 21 out of 100 will turn out to be pregnant.
It is perfect to use female condoms along with every other delivery keep watch over way.
Are they Safe?
They are safer than many other varieties of beginning regulate. The majority of persons are in a position to use them safely. However, some may revel in inflammation or hypersensitive reaction when using them.
How do I Use it?
- Ensure that there is a enough amount of lubricant on the outside, of the closed end, of the condom
- Get right into a comfortable place to insert the condom into the vagina.
- Squeeze the sides of the closed end ring in combination and insert it into the vagina.
- Push the interior ring deep into the vagina until it hits the cervix the place it is going to relaxation.
- Allow the outer ring to hold one inch out of doors of the vaginal opening.
- After sex, take away the condom by means of twisting the outer ring and gently pull it out of the vagina
Tips for Using
Users may want to have lubricant available to avoid irritation and make the sexual revel in more at ease.
The lady should now not be capable to really feel the internal ring of the condom. If it reasons discomfort, it is going to were inserted incorrectly.
If the outer ring of the condom slips out of place or inside the vagina, prevent intercourse and reposition it as it should be.
You can use female condoms for anal sex as well.
Do now not reuse female condoms. They are for one-time use best.